Factors influencing health status and contact with health services: Persons encountering health services for examination and investigation: ICD-10 - Z00-Z99 - www.idruginfo.com
Factors influencing health status and contact with health services - Z00-Z99
This chapter should not be used for international comparison or for primary mortality coding.
Categories Z00-Z99 are provided for occasions when circumstances other than a disease, injury or external cause classifiable to categories A00-Y89 are recorded as "diagnoses" or "problems". This can arise in two main ways:
- When a person who may or may not be sick encounters the health services for some specific purpose, such as to receive limited care or service for a current condition, to donate an organ or tissue, to receive prophylactic vaccination or to discuss a problem which is in itself not a disease or injury.
- When some circumstance or problem is present which influences the person's health status but is not in itself a current illness or injury. Such factors may be elicited during population surveys, when the person may or may not be currently sick, or be recorded as an additional factor to be borne in mind when the person is receiving care for some illness or injury.
This chapter contains the following blocks:
- Z00-Z13 Persons encountering health services for examination and investigation
- Z20-Z29 Persons with potential health hazards related to communicable diseases
- Z30-Z39 Persons encountering health services in circumstances related to reproduction
- Z40-Z54 Persons encountering health services for specific procedures and health care
- Z55-Z65 Persons with potential health hazards related to socioeconomic and psychosocial circumstances
- Z70-Z76 Persons encountering health services in other circumstances
- Z80-Z99 Persons with potential health hazards related to family and personal history and certain conditions influencing health status